The blog is about ESTJ career matches and several other questions relating to the topic of the blog were answered to better acknowledge other aspects of the ESTJ career matches.
What careers match the ESTJ personality type?
- Public Relations (PR) Manager
- CEO/ Managing Director
- Hotel Manager
- Financial Officer
- Business Manager
- Building Inspector
Public Relations (PR) Manager.
PR managers are the face of the company and are expected to represent a positive public image on behalf of the company through press releases, communications, and presentations.
This, therefore, makes Public Relations the perfect career match for ESTJs because they like being the center of attention and dedication to achieving the organization’s values.
CEO/ Managing Director
The manager or CEO is the head of any organization or company. The manager is among the decision-makers of the whole company.
Not only that, but they also spearhead management and administrative responsibilities. This career, therefore, suits an ESTJ since they are hardworking and decision-makers in nature.
This occupation demands an extraverted individual who is dedicated to persevering rejections.
This is because Telemarketers must make calls on a daily to persuade, negotiate and close a sale. All these qualities are what ESTJs exhibit.
A judge is another occupation that best suits an ESTJ. This is because judges uphold values that an ESTJ can relate to, for instance, honesty, order, and command.
While at work, Hotel Managers are expected to exercise patience due to many customer complaints and ensure company policies are maintained.
ESTJs can implement policies effectively and maintain order as it should be.
This is an obvious match for ESTJ individuals. This is because financial service delivery requires order, structure, obedience to policies and guidelines which are the qualities ESTJs possess.
Chefs are organized and have excellent attention to details in terms of hygiene, safety, rules, and regulation that make ESTJs a match to this profession
This makes the perfect career for an ESTJ because it involves putting to use leadership and decision-making skills. These are the kind of working environment which are ideal to an ESTJ
This career demands a sense of responsibility and order to ensure no mistakes are committed which are all the qualities that an ESTJ display
A pharmacist needs to follow rules as well as acting responsibly to avoid making irrational mistakes.
What career matches should ESTJs avoid?
- Data Entry Clerk
- Preschool or Primary school teacher
Data Entry Clerk
Inputting data may tend to be boring and a monotonous career. this job is not one that an extraverted ESTJ can enjoy.
Preschool or primary school teacher
Teaching children requires a lot of patience from an ESTJ because children do not like following orders or rules and regulations while ESTJ s dislike disorganization and disobedience to the rules.
As much as the ESTJs love to be the center of attention, they may not like the idea of acting as a career as they do not like to pretend and act like others
How is an ESTJ like while at work?
- They excellent at organizing people, projects, and ideas
- They like to seek management positions to oversee and control decision making while enforcing major polices
- ESTJs are instantly trusted to deliver and usually hold a reputation due to their time management skills and completing tasks before their deadlines
- They are flexible at effectively completing their projects
- They also tend to be overworked because of the different tasks that they take
- Their work environment is highly structured with a clear set of expectations and goals
What do ENTJs look for in a career?
- Challenging problems or puzzles
- Welcomed innovation
- Clear guidelines for evaluation
- Generous rewards
- Objective performance reviews.
What are the roles of an ESTJ?
As a teammate
ESTJs are task-oriented and may disagree with other team members who opt to discuss projects for too long rather than implementing the ideas fast.
They always want to be the team leaders to lead in decision making and ESTJs are good at planning with high esteem to deadlines and schedules.
They want to keep an organized structure with every member sticking to the rules, and an ESTJ may be extremely disturbed if members do not follow the rules.
ESTJs love to take charge in leading the team to implement structure and take decisive actions.
They do not hold back anything. They are honest while sharing their objective evaluation
ESTJs are hardworking and expect their teammates to have the same zeal for production and result orientation
As a leader.
As a leader, ESTJs always make sure that everyone abides by the organizational structure and rules while making sure that expectations and goals are clear to everyone. They also lay down rules on what, where, and how things should be done
While overseeing a project, they make sure it effectively executed as planned and, on the time, specified.
They may sometimes stick to the traditional way of running things in the company and my failure to spot the need for innovations
ENTJs tend to hold on to past experiences which may be uncomfortable while working for future projects that could limit the success of the project
ESTJs also have respect for their superiors and okay with taking orders from their superiors for as long as the same respect is reciprocated. They also seek to create a clear hierarchy
What are the strengths and weaknesses of an ESTJ?
- They are extroverts who enjoy being the center of attention. Their charisma and energy attract many people around them that love and admire them.
- ESTJs are straight forward and honest with other people and thus people easily know their boundaries with them
- They are thought of as being highly responsible, trustworthy, likable, and reliable.
- They result-oriented, always pushing themselves to attain their planned-out targets.
- They are not okay with judgment and criticism from others. ESTJs blindly trust their judgments and values although they are sometimes wrong
- ESTJs find it difficult in adapting to different people, therefore are not flexible and tend to be stubborn while taking decisions
- They can sometimes tend to judgmental to those that do not follow their values hence finding a company in those with whom they share the same values and interests.
- They may find it hard expressing their feelings or emotions as well as showing empathy for others
- ESTJs find it difficult coping to new environments and people. This is because they get attached to clear structures and routines
- They love following traditions and norms that any new changes make them uncomfortable.
The blog has been about the ESTJ career matches and under which several other questions were answered to clearly understand the topic of the blog for instance the characteristics of an ESTJ while at work, their roles, strengths, and weaknesses of an ESTJ.
Frequently asked questions
Are ENTJs able to get along with most people?
Yes, they do get along with people but mostly with those with whom they share the same interests and targets. While on the other hand, they may be viewed otherwise because they tend to mark their boundaries with people as leaders.
Why do ENTJs like INFJs?
ENTJs have a combination of both seriousness and warmth while INFJs can understand and tolerate the sometimes bossy ENTJ and be okay with conflict
Is ENTJ rare?
Yes, ENTJ is not rare as it’s one of the least common of all personality types. ENTJ is the rarest type among women while 3% of the general population are men
Are ENTJs people smart?
Yes, ENTJs are smart in a way that they tend to use intellectual thoughts more than they use their emotions or feelings.
The best careers for ENTJ personality types; https://www.truity.com
The 10 best career matches for ENTJ personalities; https://www.wikijob.co.uk
5 best careers for ENTJ a natural leader; https://jobaffirmations.com
ENTJ personality traits, career, matches, and jobs to avoid; https://www.fiscaltiger.com